CDC recommends that you wear masks in public settings around people who don’t live in your household and when you can’t stay 6 feet away from others. Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others.
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Masks should be worn by people two years and older
- Masks should NOT be worn by children younger than two, people who have trouble breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask without assistance
- Do NOT wear masks intended for healthcare workers, for example, N95 respirators
How to Select
When selecting a mask, there are many choices. Here are some do’s and don’ts.
When selecting a mask, there are many choices. Here are some dos and don’ts.
How to Wear
Do wear a mask that:
How to Clean
For more information on this topic, including about gaiters, face shields, masks and children, wearing masks with glasses, mask wearing mistakes, and how to take off a mask, click the Learn More button below.